just a little fish trying to survive in this great big ocean...

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My First Taste....

So, I am sorry to report that I did not bring my camera out today when I went surfing. Although...there wasn't really anything to brag about so I'm not sure I wanted to bring it out there. Having said that, today was my first taste of waking up to go surfing and know that I am just right there next to the beach. Now if we can get some waves soon I am gonna be on some kind of stoke.
As for today's session.... I took the only accessible board out, that being the 5'8 ...Lost RNF, and it really just isn't enough board to make little baby waves all that fun. I just can't seem to get past this idea that I really need a longboard around; I mean this close to the water and nothing ridable is just not fair. Anyways, I paddled out for a couple little waves, but the thing to really be talking about in this post is how cold the water was this morning. Now I realize that we are talking about surfing on the 1st of March and the water hasn't warmed up yet, but I have been surfing a few times this winter and never thought I would like to have booties on while I am out there, but today brought that thought whirling around my head. I mean I see everybody else with them, but I am the one who is always itching to just trunk it rather than even have the wettie on. How am I supposed to convince myself that I can trunk it if I am grabbing my booties for every paddle out? Oh well, I guess you can't do anything about that, and truth is I am going to figure out a way to paddle out no matter what.
And why am I complaining?!? I get to surf everyday if that's what I want. I love living here.

Until next time...praying for surf.

No comments: