just a little fish trying to survive in this great big ocean...

Friday, March 4, 2011

FunFriday

It's Friday and for today that means that fun times out at Jetties. Ben and Tiffany are in town for a couple of days to go to a wedding on Monday, but their being here means that I have a surf buddy for the weekend. Today marked my first time surfing in Newport Beach since moving here and Jetties seemed to know that I needed to have a good session to convince me that Newport is home. From the first moment everything just clicked. I paddled out on the 5'8 ...Lost RNF with ease regardless of the regular sets coming in when we first paddled out and the next thing I know here comes my wave. I turned and paddled for it, dropped in and took off on my favorite little left. Jetties knew and had given me my wave. I paddled back out to where Ben was hanging out to make sure I gloated about getting the first wave of the day, and the next thing I know Jetties has another little present just wrapped up and on a platter for me. Dropped into another left and knew that everything was right in the world. From there on out, things just kept going well. Had my way with a few more waves and then headed in to get Tiffany out on some waves. Handed over my board and it only took a couple minutes in the March ocean water for her to decide she was over it. Back out for a couple more waves on the 6'2 single fin and Jetties had some more loving for me. It was a short little session and mostly just a chance to see what Newport Beach was going to offer, but after a fun session like that things just feel good.
Ben being in town means that we are going to be surfing as much as humanly possible over the next few days, so check back soon to see what life in Newport Beach is going to offer.

I don't know what my deal is with forgetting my camera once again, but hopefully with some surfing going down over the rest of the weekend I can get my act together.

Until next time (fingers crossed it's tomorrow)...praying for surf.

No comments: