just a little fish trying to survive in this great big ocean...

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Surf and Turf

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!! And to those of you who participated in the Huntington Beach Marathon or Half-Marathon...Congratulations on your achievement, I have much respect for you and someday hope to get there.

My brother is one of those who went out and ran the Surf City Marathon this morning, and because of that I went to be there and support him as he came in to finish his 26.2 miles. Deciding to take advantage of the fact that I was already to be in Huntington Beach I brought the 5'8 RNF along for a little paddle out. I had known that because of the marathon PCH was going to be closed from Beach Boulevard to Warner Avenue, so I had this great idea to bring my bike along so I could bike in to Bolsa Chica and get some tasty waves all to myself, but timing didn't work out and I decided to just go out at Sunset Beach right near where I had parked. It was better than I had seen it in quite a while, but I was still left wishing for a little more size to the waves today. I caught a couple fun little waves, but today's outing really cemented in my mind my desire for a longboard to make the most of these little days. The fish is great, but sometimes you just need a little more board under your feet to get things going.
DSCF1110
After my little surf session I headed over to the finish line and watched my brother and uncle finish up the marathon and half-marathon. Someday I will get my act together and finish a marathon...but not today. So after checking out the new community in Newport real quick we headed on over to Chronic Tacos for some grubbing. It was nice spending a day in my new turf. Watch out NB it's about to get gangsta up in here. Not a bad day...and all before the big game takes place. Too bad I am working instead of watching, but that's life.

Until next time...praying for surf.

No comments: