just a little fish trying to survive in this great big ocean...

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dawn Patrol

Not sure exactly what I was thinking last night when I decided that I was going to join the Dawn Patrol for today, but I made the proper decision to get up with the sun. I got my gear together and went for the short drive to Jetties. When I made my left-hand turn on Prospect I was surprised to find that parking spots were scarce to be found, but eventually rolled up on a lone spot straight out from tower 65. I decided to stroll out to the water's edge so I could check out the conditions before I totally committed and wiggled my way into my wetsuit. I was pleased to see that there were some clean lines and good size to the waves this fin morning, but noticed quickly that the water was much more populated than it had been the past few outtings, which explained the sudden abundance of vehicles lining the street. Nevertheless, I was excited to paddle out for some morning surf.

DSCF1204

It was an interesting day. Things started off right with a late take-off on a fun, medium sized left. As the session went on the waves got a little inconsistent, but it was still fun and definitely nice to be out in the water before heading out to play some football (soccer) with some friends out in Azusa.
I might decided to try the same thing again tomorrow, so we shall see what Jetties offers in the coming days. It's the last week of this term for school, so hopefully I will be spending more time getting my head wet and less time with my head in a book.

Until next time...praying for surf.

No comments: