just a little fish trying to survive in this great big ocean...

Friday, January 28, 2011

Looking into a crystal ball?

Today was quite the adventure. I set off for Newport Beach in order to turn in applications for the apartment we are trying to get at the end of February. I had come up with this plan to surf after dropping off the applications because I had checked the wave report and we are at the end of a swell in North Orange County this week so I wanted to get a couple waves before its gone. Of course I didn't call ahead to make sure that someone would be there, I just assumed that it would be all good. Well...I showed up at 1:20pm and they were out to lunch until 2:00pm. Seeing as how I could not muster up the patience to hang out for 40 minutes just to turn the applications in so I decided to go surf first. I traveled up the coast a bit trying to find a spot where there weren't a lot of people out...the thing is it's been too long since my last real surf so I wanted to help my wave count as much as possible. Sunset Beach had just enough waves to make me happy and only a couple people out....
DSCF1093
A little closed out, but after a while I got the hang of where I needed to be to get a decent ride. I had some fun paddling into some lefts. I don't know what it is, but I always feel like I am forced to go right. Of course when it's closed out you can only go straight.
DSCF1092
It was a fun little session out on the 5'8 ...Lost RNF and reminded me of just how happy life is when you get to surf every day. Was today a glimpse into a crystal ball or what could be my near future? I can only hope that this is just a preview of what is to come living in NB. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Until next time...praying for surf.

No comments: