just a little fish trying to survive in this great big ocean...

Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm Back At It

It has been far longer than I care to admit since the last time that I have posted anything on this blog, but I really want to make an effort get back at it. Truth is that I really need a buddy to go surfing with..I am just so much less inspired to bring my camera when I have to paddle out on my own, plus with the small wave conditions lately I haven't had much to show.
Regardless, I am back with a post. This one isn't much. Nothing really all that cool, but I have a couple new drawing from my classes.

DSCF1243
This one is just something that I came up with trying to draw a person that is a bit more realistic than the normal stick figures.
Looking at this one a little more closely I noticed that for once its obvious that the surfer is a goof troop. I guess when you ride with the right leading even the little drawing will result in that.

DSCF1245
This one was another combined effort between Darrin and I. I had originally done the surfer boosting an air, when Darrin grabbed the page and added a lone spectator checking out the action from the beach.


Next week begins another summer of surf camp working at Salty Groms. I am really stoked to be back out there and in the water everyday. While I am stoked to be working that job, I still need to hold down the fort with a second job and I have a class over the summer. Needless to say I will be pretty busy this summer. Let's just hope that as things get going I can find a groove and find some joy out of this summer.
I am looking forward to getting out in the water as often as possible for the summer. Let's hope that I don't neglect the blog again.

Until next time...praying for surf.

No comments: