just a little fish trying to survive in this great big ocean...

Monday, May 2, 2011

There is a Panda in the water!!!

So...yup...its 1:30am and I super hopped up on Monster Energy Drink so that I could finish a paper that I have due tomorrow. Unfortunately, my day tomorrow starts at 4:30am and isn't done until 9:45pm. Oh well. I owe a post from Friday, but didn't have a chance to write anything. I made it so far as to upload a couple pictures onto the Flickr account, but didn't have that opportunity to give the blog some love. So...seeing as how I cannot sleep right now anyways. Here is some love to the virtual world.

Last Thursday I decided to make a new purchase of an actual shortboard. I have a fish, and a big @$$ single fin, but still didn't have anything that could really perform in Newport as things get bigger. I made an investment in a 6'0 roundtail shortboard. I am super stoked on the dims and its buoyancy for my weight. Oh...and by the way, the board has the Enjoi panda logo on the bottom; so expect that it will forever be known as the panda board. The stoke level on the panda alone is pretty lofty, but I guess that would be quite a long story to explain. Try to understand its all a joke, but if you need to know that story don't be afraid to ask. Maybe that's a rainy day post to explain everything. Anyhoo.... On Friday I made the time to give it a paddleout before my crazy weekend with school on Friday and all day Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the set waves were actually pretty fun even though the report said that everything would be pretty shabby. The first waves I paddled for on the new "Panda" board was awesome, it caught the wave and accelerated down the line so smoothly I couldn't believe I hadn't been working with performance boards before. Needless to say, I have been itching to get back on that board for another go at what I think may become the go to board, unless its just too small.
DSCF1211
I guess there really isn't that much to say, but I felt as though I owed the post and wanted to share my stoke on the panda in the water.

I guess I forget that not everyone may understand what its like to live where we are at. Here is a taste of home...
DSCF1210
I basically pull out and round the corner to this view. It's really hard to complain about anything when this is practically your backyard.

Until next time...praying for surf.

No comments: